Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Square to Spare

Hey Buddy, have ya gotta square to spare? I just checked the cab'net, there's none in there. The store tells me they'll be out til June, but it's nine right now, I won't make it to noon.

Yeah Buddy, I know times are tough. Nobody's got any. There's not enough. I checked the 'mart and Stop-N-Go. If there's someplace else, I'd like to know.

This virus, Buddy, it ain't no joke, it's got teetotalers reachin' for a rum and coke. I ain't one to run, but this is kinda scary. I heard Joe got tested and so did Larry.

Hey Buddy, I hate to ask, but it's gettin' serious, you got an extra mask? I know they look kinda silly, but Buddy, we're in a real picadilly!

Hey Buddy, did ya see the news, four thousand cases, man, we're gettin' the screws! They're lockin' us down I heard the gov'ner say. It was on the news, four o'clock today.

Well Buddy, so much for 'Paddy's Day and this four leaf clover, I'll save it 'til next year when this thing is over. If you need me, I'll be six feet over there. Until then, can you spare a square?

No comments:

Post a Comment